On 9/17/24 12:59 AM, Klaus Jensen wrote:
On Aug 20 09:11, Alan Adamson wrote:
Since there is work in the Linux NVMe Driver community to add Atomic Write
support, it would be desirable to be able to test it with qemu nvme emulation.
This patch will focus on supporting NVMe controller atomic write parameters (AWUN and
AWUPF) but can be extended to support Namespace parameters (NAWUN and NAWUPF)
and Boundaries (NABSN, NABO, and NABSPF).
Hi Alan,

I am trying to test this with John's atomic-writes-v6.10-v9 linux
branch, but that does not seem to work for me.

Do I need anything else?

Hi Klaus,

What  are you trying to test?

You can see if it is being setup properly with:

[root@localhost ~]# nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0 | grep awupf
awupf     : 31
[root@localhost ~]#  nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0 | grep awun
awun      : 63
[root@localhost ~]#

With or without John's atomic support, for this case, 32k writes will be atomic while 64k writes will not be. This can be validated with fio since corruption is observed when using 64k writes.

Alan