On 9/30/24 9:14 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 27/09/2024 02.50, jro...@linux.ibm.com wrote:
From: Jared Rossi <jro...@linux.ibm.com>

Thanks, this looks already much better than the "jump back to start" stuff in v1 !

One thing I noticed while testing your patches: Booting from ISO images seems to be broken for me now, e.g. something like:

./qemu-system-s390x -nographic -accel kvm -m 1G \
 -bios pc-bios/s390-ccw/s390-ccw.img \
 -drive if=none,id=d1,file=Fedora-Server-dvd-s390x-38-1.6.iso,format=raw,media=cdrom \
 -device virtio-scsi -device scsi-cd,drive=d1,bootindex=1

used to work fine in the past, but gives me a "Failed to IPL this ISO image!" error now.

Does ISO IPL-ing work for you?

 Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you for your continued support and guidance on this feature. Converting all of the panics to returns ended up being rather invasive and touched a lot of code I had not initially expected to modify, so
I appreciate your patience with the rework.

As for the ISO IPL, after reading your review comments I’m not surprised it
fails for you. The problem is certainly caused by the mismatched error
condition checks you pointed out in your response to patch 07. I also
recognize that means this code path was not sufficiently exercised in my own
testing, so I will resolve that and also double check for any other gaps in
coverage on my side.

I will make the changes you suggest and also add the automated test cases you
previously requested, and try to get v3 posted ASAP.

Thanks again,
Jared Rossi