On 13-04-2012 22:27, Peter Maydell wrote:
Why 32 ?
In that case, 32 was a estimative I made of the number of characters that the VERSION string would have based on its original value ("qemu usb-redir guest " QEMU_VERSION), so the new value wouldn't be much longer than the original one. I don't know about the usb-redir protocol so I don't know the exact maximum value that could go there.
Also, does the usb-redir protocol version string really
appear to the guest?

I'm not sure. *Hans*, could you help us here? Is this VERSION string only used internally or does it show up somewhere on the guest VM?

Best regards,
Crístian.