Hi,

> What I also so in the trace is that the USB core apparently stumbled as
> a request that took very long too complete finally returned, and then
> the assertion triggered over this request.

Can I get such a trace please?  usb_host_req_* and usb_host_urb_*
enabled should show all interesting information.  Oh, and replacing the
assert which triggers with a tracepoint (or just a fprintf in case you
use the stderr tracer) would be nice, so I can see how qemu continues
after the assert().

A request taking a while shouldn't be a issue.  Requests for a specific
endpoint shouldn't be reordered though, and this seems to happen here.

thanks,
  Gerd