On 9/24/2026 12:08 PM, Pierrick Bouvier wrote:
> On 9/24/2026 11:30 AM, Pierrick Bouvier wrote:
>> Hi Bernard,
>>
>> On 9/24/2026 11:18 AM, Bernhard Beschow wrote:
>>
>>> With this patch I get under Archlinux:
>>>
>>> $ make tests/tcg/x86_64-softmmu-hello.test
>>> [1/1] Generating tests/tcg/x86_64-softmmu-hello with a custom command
>>> FAILED: [code=1] tests/tcg/x86_64-softmmu-hello.test
>>> /usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc qemu/src/tests/tcg/multiarch/system/
>>> hello.c -o tests/tcg/x86_64-softmmu-hello.test -static -MMD -MF tests/
>>> tcg/x86_64-softmmu-hello.d -Wall -Werror -O0 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -
>>> nostdlib -ffreestanding -Wa,--noexecstack -I qemu/src/tests/tcg/x86_64/
>>> system/../../minilib qemu/src/tests/tcg/x86_64/system/../../minilib/
>>> printf.c ../src/tests/tcg/x86_64/system/boot.S -Wl,-T ../src/tests/tcg/
>>> x86_64/system/kernel.ld -Wl,-melf_x86_64 -Wl,--no-warn-rwx-segments -
>>> Wl,--build-id=none -lgcc
>>> /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccRh6mPz.o: in function `print_num':
>>> qemu/src/tests/tcg/x86_64/system/../../minilib/printf.c:45:(.text+0xec):
>>> undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
>>> /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccRh6mPz.o: in function `ml_printf':
>>> qemu/src/tests/tcg/x86_64/system/../../minilib/printf.c:136:
>>> (.text+0x549): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
>>> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
>>> make: *** [Makefile:170: run-ninja] Error 1
>>>
>>> Reverting this patch I'm able to run `make check` successfully again.
>>> Any idea what might be causing this?
>>>
>>
>> Thanks for the report.
>> Tests were previously compiled with -fno-stack-protector, and it was
>> unclear which distro/setup required this, so we removed it to find what
>> requires it. It seems like archlinux is one of them.
>>
>> I'll re-add the flag by default.
>>
>> Can you please confirm the command above (x86_64-linux-gcc ...) works
>> with -fno-stack-protector added?
>>
> 
> After testing in a archlinux container,
> I confirm that's the right fix.
> Patch is coming after CI end up running.
>

Please find patch here:
https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/[email protected]/T/#u

Reviewed and tested tag are welcome.

>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Bernhard
>>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pierrick
> 


Reply via email to