On Tue, 2026-09-29 at 09:33 +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 05:21:25PM -0400, Matthew Rosato wrote:
> > On 9/28/26 5:50 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > > On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 11:30:03AM +0200, Maximilian Immanuel Brandtner 
> > > wrote:
> > > > I would really appreciate it, if this patch-set could be merged. I know
> > > > that things can get really busy, but it seems to me that there aren't
> > > > any blockers that should prevent this patch-set from being merged
> > > > (apart from some minor refactors), even as is.
> > > 
> > > Why not address the minor comments you got?
> > > 
> > 
> > Just to clarify, Max did not write the subject series; he is expressing
> > interest in it because he wrote a patch that builds upon it for s390x
> > [1]. 
> > 
> > Now, I'm not asking anyone to take code that isn't ready; but I would
> > like to understand if this series is abandoned or if the developer is
> > planning to send a v8 so we (s390x maintainers) know what to do about
> > Max's patch.
> > 
> > @Filip, do you plan to respin and address the comments you received? 
> > There isn't much, but it looks like there was at least one real bug
> > identified.
> 
> The series also has conflicts with Git master, so cannot be applied
> as is.
> 
> With regards,
> Daniel

Hi all,

I've sent a v8 [1], which is a rebase on master plus the uninitialized
buffer fix suggested by Marc-André Lureau.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the nudge, which got me to come
back to it. I do this in my free time, so progress comes in bursts, but
feel free to nag me if I don't respond for a while again.

I originally planned to include a fix for the migration issue in v8
too, but I don't have time right now for implementing the necessary
migration stream changes. I think you can merge it without the fix, as
it's only a minor issue, but I hope it can be fixed in a follow-up. If
someone wants to pick that up, help is welcome. I have a rough WIP
refactor of virtio-serial serialization to use VMState at [2], which
might be useful as a starting point if that is the chosen approach.

Matthew, Max: I hope this unblocks the s390x patch.

[1]: 
https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/[email protected]
[2]: https://gitlab.com/filip-hejsek/qemu/-/commits/b4/virtio-serial-vmstate

Best regards,
Filip

Reply via email to