Am 06.11.2012 23:42, schrieb Paolo Bonzini:

i wantes to use scsi unmap with rbd. rbd documention says you need to
set discard_granularity=512 for the device. I'm using qemu 1.2.

If i set this and send an UNMAP command i get this kernel output:

The discard request is failing.  Please check why with a breakpoint on
rbd_aio_discard_wrapper or scsi_handle_rw_error for example.

I've no idea about setting breakpoints and analyse what happens... no C coder just perl. I can for sure modify code and compile... but i don't know how todo that.

Greets,
Stefan