On 16 April 2013 18:27, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the current status of the xbox target and what would a 12-week
> GSoC project accomplish?  The scope of the project needs to be clearly
> defined so this information is critical.

Currently it runs the bios to completion (which includes the fancy boot
animation) and the "dashboard" runs, but nothing cool is displayed since
the graphics code has OpenGL bugs that I need to track down.

The rough todo has some discrete tasks that could be approached in
isolation, but mostly it's just grinding through getting things working:
  -get shit rendering properly
    -fix /all/ the bugs :/
    -fragment shader generation from register combiners
    -fix vertex shader generation
    -create/destroy graphics context properly
  -get shit making sound properly
  -game controller (xpad) emulation/passthrough
  -fatx/xiso virtual block devices
  -make x86-x86 tcg not retarded slow or get useful kernel support on
Windows if that's remotely feasible

> Are just those two files questionable?  Could they be replaced with
>  something that does not draw from leaked material?

Yeah. "Replaced"? Could rename the registers, but that wouldn't really
accomplish anything... I guess they'd have to be rewritten from scratch?
That'd be quite an annoying amount of work :/