On 27.06.2013, at 15:04, Peter Maydell wrote:

> This patch series adds an implementation of the virtio-mmio
> transport, and uses it in the vexpress-a9 and vexpress-a15
> board models.
>
> The basic idea is that the board instantiates some transports,

I really dislike that idea. Couldn't you also create a new bus for your
vexpress platform and add a virtio-mmio-vexpress device that automatically
allocates an interrupt from the main PIC on instantiation? That way you could
create transports using -device.

Combine that with automatic fdt generation and you get fully command line
scaling device creation.

Alex