Stefan,

The problem aI face is that a bridge in the middle ( using taps) breaks
LLDP ( L2 discovery protocol) and should break ISIS as well.  Sockets
aren't bad, but if for some reason I take the listener VM down and bring
back up, then I have to bring down all connector VMs, which chains on
itself if there is a lot of connectivity defined.  When UDP was available
that wasn't an issue.

Anyway, that is how I came to VETHs.  I am aware that you can use UDP
multicast, but performance past one hop is extremely poor ( resulting in 3
of 5 pings to be lost.  Thanks

Tim