Maybe I'm not specific enough. I built Android from the source code and I
know that the Android Emulator that comes with it, is based on QEMU. I
don't want anything from Android. What I'm interested in is the underlying
QEMU. I want to see how the program counter changes during translation. To
my understanding, in the file target-arm/translate.c
there are cases, each one for a different ARM instruction to be translated
(write, store, branch etc.). I also know that for optimization purposes,
the program counter changes only after a branch instruction. So, if and
when I print the program counter, I expect to see it change only after a
"branch" and remain unchanged after any other instruction. To sum up, I
want to add printf()s to the source code of QEMU beneath the Android
Emulator to see how the program counter behaves. I'm asking how do I do
that. How do I recompile the source? How and where do I see the printed
information? Please, it's very important.