Il 28/04/2014 04:59, Michael S. Tsirkin ha scritto:
All in all, it seems like a lot of work.

But I think I see a nice elegant solution : stop the VM when
some device detects an internal error and becomes broken.
This should be a general event telling management that this
happened - similar to pvpanic event. Management will add
options to restart guest/reset guest/report to user/dump memory.

This is marginally better than exiting, but has the same problems. For example, say we have nested VM with VT-d support in QEMU, and do PCI passthrough of virtio devices. If the L2 device has a broken driver, pausing the L1 virtual machine violates isolation just as much as exiting QEMU.

Paolo