On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:44 AM, Bastien ROUCARIES <
roucaries.bast...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They use also craps like sdl :S

That's totally orthogonal to upstream QEMU. The code for our SDL-supported
interface is totally separate from the rest
of QEMU changes (or so I hope), and also different from mainline's sdl.c

> I think a total rewritte will be better .
>

> How can incremently add a new arch to qemu or a new plateform ?
>
> Depends on what your goal is. If all you want is to be able to run Android
system images in an upstream qemu executable,
you will need essentially the following:

- the content of hw/goldfish_<xxxx>.c in the Android codebase, corresponding
to the emulated hardware
- hw/android_arm.c to be ported to upstream too
- a few changes to the slirp code to setup the default network redirections
- a few changes to vl.c for setup.

that should be it, though I cannot guarantee success at this point. Also you
will miss many features of the emulator, but
as I already said, this should not be a concern for upstream maintainers at
all.