Il 03/07/2014 10:43, Jan Kiszka ha scritto:
On 2014-07-03 10:26, Le Tan wrote:
In map_page() in hw/ide/ahci.c, replace cpu_physical_memory_map() and
cpu_physical_memory_unmap() with dma_memory_map() and dma_memory_unmap(),
because ahci devices should not access memory directly but via their address
space. Add an AddressSpace parameter to map_page(). In order to call
map_page(), we should pass the AHCIState.as as the AddressSpace argument.

BTW, when doing "git grep cpu_physical_memory_map hw", there are some
more cases that should be checked (for x86). I suppose vhost is
incompatible with an IOMMU, but plain virtio should work, same for vmxnet.

I think PPC folks explicitly wanted virtio to bypass the IOMMU, probably in order to get vhost running. It seems like a bad idea to me, but who am I...

Paolo