On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Gerd Hoffmann <kra...@redhat.com> wrote:

> No, there is a need.  Cursor updates (when running qxl with other ui
> than spice) are done from the refresh timer.
>
> Right, that's why my patch checks if there are "any other
display listener requires refresh"

Also we can already adjust the wakeup rate, we only need to use it,
> there is no need for a new hook.
>
> I think it is cleaner to have different path for refresh rate and
disabling refresh,
following the current code.

Alternative patches will come in a moment, please test.  I still a high
> number of wakeups but most likely due to my spice-server being
> unpatched.

Yes, please try with the RFC patch "remove guest-side timestamping" I sent
earlier (your review there would be useful to)
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2014-November/017802.html

thanks

--
Marc-André Lureau