I am not 100% sure whether this is the right place to raise this issue. Maybe you can forward this to right person

I have the feeling this wikipage >>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/CreateSnapshot is wrong. I think the decription and the posted command for creating snapshots [||qemu-img create -f qcow2 -b centos-cleaninstall.img snapshot.img|] |is actually describing copy-on-write (or overlay) images. And I think this is not the same thing

|||As far as I know such a command would creat a copy-on-write image and not a snapshot|. On the german debianforum.de I got another suggestion to vreate snaptshots which I have not tested yet, but sounds more likely to be correct to me

    qemu-img snapshot -c [snapshot_name] [base_name]