Hi,

Works for stdvga and qxl. vmware fails as it has the memory at pci
region 1 (region 0 has ioports) and it seems vgabios isn't prepared to
handle that ...

Do you mean vgabios currently doesn't work with qemu and "-vga vmware" ?

It works, but uses the bochs lfb at the magic address 0xe0000000.

Killing the 0xe000000 alias mapping and switching over to use the pci region instead requires some changes in pci_get_lfb_addr to handle the situation.

Try sending patches to the mailing list and/or the vgabios home at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/vgabios .

Ok, I'll try to send my patch series down that route.

thanks,
  Gerd