So do you have any idea whats causing the problem? Is there any other way I can
mount a dvd in Qemu?

Adnan

  _____

From: David S. Ahern [mailto:daah...@cisco.com]
To: ad...@khaleel.us
Cc: Qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Sent: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:45:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems changing dvdrom iso during execution

  On 05/20/2010 03:48 PM, Adnan Khaleel wrote:
  > Thanks for your response.
  >

  >     Does it work if the guest uses ide based CD's:
  >     rmmod ide-scsi
  >     modprobe ide-cd
  >
  > There isn't an ide-scsi but there is a scsi_mod and when I try to remove
  > that it gives
  > ERROR: Module scsi_mod is in use by sr_mod,sg,sd_mod,libata
  >
  > modprobe ide-cd seems to work.

  Ok, I pulled those from a RHEL3 VM. Looks like SLES11 is using a newer
  2.6 kernel. The idea I was poking at was to get the CD in the VM to go
  through the ide-cd layer and not the ata/scsi route. I had to do that
  for my RHEL3 guest to get some consistency with the DVD -- similar to
  the problem you are seeing.

  David