On 16/10/2015 14:33, Markus Armbruster wrote:
>    Looks like this is basically TCG with a couple of random LOG_UNIMP
>    and LOG_GUEST_ERROR thrown in.  It's definitely not a general purpose
>    QEMU log in its current state.

I think these could become error_report.

Some others (e.g. LOG_IOPORT) can be removed.

LOG_MMU seems to be mostly a ppc thing, could also become a tracepoint.
 Likewise for LOG_PCALL and perhaps LOG_INT.

However, we should at the same time add some functionality to enable
tracepoints more easily, and perhaps enable the stderr tracing backend
by default upstream (downstream can enable stderr+stap; or if they care
a lot about performance disable stderr in favor of stap only).

Paolo