Hello, all !

I want to find out the number of executed translated instructions on the
host system, for certain user mode programs. For that purpose, I am using
hardware performance counters. I start them right before calling function
tcg_qemu_tb_exec ( ), and stop them when function is returned. That way
counters can give me performance stats. only for running
tcg_qemu_tb_exec(). Now this function, actually starts execution from
pre-generated code i.e. prologue and ends with epilogue. I know that this
overhead will be small with TB chaining. But, I was wondering if this
strategy will still be able to give representative stats. for executed host
code. Or are there other good ways which can tell number of executed host
instructions not just number of translated instructions.

Thanks for your time.