Here's the next version of my refactoring of the virtio host notifiers.
This one actually survives a bit of testing for me (reboot loop).

As this patchset fixes a latent bug exposed by the recent dataplane
changes (we have a deassigned ioeventfd for a short period of time
during dataplane start, which leads to the virtqueue handler being
called in both the vcpu thread and the iothread simultaneously), I'd
like to see this in 2.6.

Changes from RFC:
- Fixed some silly errors (checking for !disabled instead of disabled,
  virtio_ccw_stop_ioeventfd() calling virtio_bus_start_ioeventfd()).
- Completely reworked set_host_notifier(): We only want to set/unset
  the actual handler function and don't want to do anything to the
  ioeventfd backing, so reduce the function to actually doing only
  that.
- With the change above, we can lose the 'assign' parameter in
  virtio_bus_stop_ioeventfd() again.
- Added more comments that hopefully make it clearer what is going on.

I'd appreciate it if people could give it some testing; I'll be back
to look at the fallout after Easter.

Cornelia Huck (6):
  virtio-bus: common ioeventfd infrastructure
  virtio-bus: have callers tolerate new host notifier api
  virtio-ccw: convert to ioeventfd callbacks
  virtio-pci: convert to ioeventfd callbacks
  virtio-mmio: convert to ioeventfd callbacks
  virtio-bus: remove old set_host_notifier callback

 hw/block/dataplane/virtio-blk.c |   6 +-
 hw/scsi/virtio-scsi-dataplane.c |   9 ++-
 hw/virtio/vhost.c               |  13 ++--
 include/hw/virtio/virtio-bus.h  |  31 +++++++++-

2.6.5