On 10/28/2010 12:51 PM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

>  Opening the file read-only first and reopening it read-write when the
>  migration has completed would be much better. No image format driver
>  would have to be changed for that.

I agree.  I'm not sure whether NFS guarantees we see the latest data
when reopening read-write (cached pages will be left on the
destination host from the initial read-only access).

AFAICT the re-open has to re-validate the metadata. If ctime has changed since the previous stat, the client has to drop local caches.