On 07/18/2017 01:30 PM, Emilio G. Cota wrote:
Should I do those updates in the same patch where tb->invalid is brought
over to cflags? Alternatives: have a later patch where all readers
are converted to atomic_read, or keep tb->invalid as a separate field (we
could use that 4-byte hole in struct tb_tc..)

I would prefer the readers be converted in a separate patch.
I wonder if an accessor inline might be in order?

static inline uint32_t tb_cflags(TranslationBlock *tb)
{
    return atomic_read(tb->cflags);
}

That might keep line lengths from expanding too much...

Please don't try to do anything clever to re-use padding holes.
I think that's just confusing and probably premature optimization.

r~