On 25/07/2017 18:14, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>   "No regressions became apparent in tests with a range of Windows
>    (XP-10)"
>
> In theory, w2k falls within that range.

Nope, Windows 2000 is like NT 5.0, XP is like NT 5.1. :(

One possibility is to fix it in SeaBIOS instead: if you get a 2.0 FADT
and an XSDT and no RSDT, it can build an RSDT and a 1.0 FADT itself,
patching the RSDT to point to it.

It's a hack, but it's the only place I see to make it "just work".  And
it could be extended nicely in the future.

All QEMU would have to do is to provide an XSDT _instead_ of an RSDT.

Paolo