On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 14:14 -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 01:58 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
> > On 29.11.2010, at 20:29, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> >

> >> Is 2 just right?
> >>
> > I was thinking of a more sophisticated model. Maybe 1 maintainer + 1 user?
> > Or 1 person who knows his way around the area + 1 more?
> >

> + 1 user?  cute :-)
>
> 2 Acks seems like a good place to start.

2 acks is okay with me.

> >> Is the desire to filter mail or have private discussions that are not on
> >> qemu-devel?
> >>
> >> If it's the former, a [STABLE] tag in the subject would work just as well.
> >>  If it's the later, I think it runs contrary to the goal of getting more
> >> people involved in stable.
> >>
> > The desire is to have an easy to set tag. [STABLE] to me indicates that the
> > patch is specifically made for stable. CC to stable@ tells me that the
> > patch should go into stable as soon as it's submitted upstream and if it
> > doesn't apply cleanly, the stable maintainer nags the author about a
> > backport.
> >

> Okay, as long as stable is just there for CC and qemu-devel stays in the
> loop.  Can't do it right now but remind me again when Savannah is back up.

I would agree, a different list makes things a bit easier to track, but
discussions need to happen on qemu-devel so that the right people stay
involved.  Tagging a patch isn't always a good thing because the patch
is likely sent to the list for the dev branch, and only CCed to stable
because it applies and is needed.

Justin