On 11/29/2017 05:28 PM, David Hildenbrand wrote:
On 27.11.2017 21:55, Collin L. Walling wrote:
Set boot menu options for an s390 guest and store them in
the iplb. These options are set via the QEMU command line
option:

     -boot menu=on|off[,splash-time=X]

or via the libvirt domain xml:

     <os>
       <bootmenu enable='yes|no' timeout='X'/>
     </os>

Where X represents some positive integer representing
milliseconds.
Aren't this properties usually contained in the zIPL block? (e.g.
written and configured by zipl)

I believe the timeout value is nestled in there somewhere, yes.
However it was requested that we control the boot menu timeout value
via the Qemu command line instead. :)

--
- Collin L Walling