On 11/15/2017 04:05 AM, Valluri, Amarnath wrote:
On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 04:47 +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:16 AM, Stefan Berger
<stef...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
On 11/14/2017 06:40 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:

Hi

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Stefan Berger
<stef...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

Add a caching layer for the TPM established flag so that we
don't
need to go to the emulator every time the flag is read by
accessing
the REG_ACCESS register.
What's the impact? Isn't this just a "small" optimization? Iotw,
why
is this for-2.11?
The TIS has a register that contains this flag and that's being
polled quite
frequently. So it generates a lot of traffic to the emulator. This
caching
layer gets rid of most of the traffic.
I didn't notice any problem when doing my tests, I guess Amarnath
niether. perhaps it's best to delay for after 2.11.
Yes, I could see there is little frequent(21 calls to backend) to get
establish flag, and this patch will help to avoid them. But i still
agree with Marc and tag this as "small" optimization.

Can you review it so we have it ready for 2.12?

  Thanks,
      Stefan

- Amarnath