On 03/07/18 13:47, Andrew Jones wrote:
This infrastructure already is used in hw/ppc/spapr.c

Whould it be better if we would pass something like kvm-type=48bGPA?
Otherwise I can decode another virt machine option (min_vm_phys_shift)
in kvm_type callback.

Yes, this is what I'm thinking. I don't believe we have to expose the
details of the KVM API to the user through the QEMU command line. The
details are actually more complicated anyway, as the phys-shift is
only the lower 8-bits of KVM type[*], not the whole value.

Thanks,
drew

[*] Looks like Suzuki's series is missing the Documentation/virtual/kvm/api.txt
     update needed to specify that.

Thanks for spotting, I will update the documentation.

Suzuki