Hello Stefan, Kevin

I don't want to diversify my GSoC applications. I thought I should do my
best of
supporting fully VHD and add asynchronous io into block/vpc.c via
coroutines. I
noticed that there is "splitting hard disk images" feature in VHD
specification. I
have take a look of block/raw-win32.c and guess there isn't this feature in
block/vpc.c.
I am wondering whether what I learned is right??

2011/4/5 Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:56 PM, Lyu Mitnick <mitnick....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Looking at QEMU'w wiki I saw the "QCOW2 <- > QED image converter", that I
> > am
> > also interested to work as student and apply for GSoC 2011. I have study
> > the
> > specifications of the two images and have some idea about
> > implementation. There
> > is someone already working on this project?? I also want to apply for
> > "Improved
> > image format compatibility". Could I merge the two idea into one
> application
> > or I should
> > apply separately??
>
> Other students have expressed their interest too, but that is normal
> for GSoC project ideas.
>
> Please just note on your application that you'd be interested in doing
> QCOW2<->QED, there's no need to do a separate application in this
> case.  The mentors are the same for both QCOW2<->QED and image format
> updates.  The area of these two projects is similar, and we select the
> most talented students rather than the best application forms.  I am
> confident the selected student(s) would be capable of tackling either
> project.
>
> If you want to diversify your GSoC applications to increase your
> chance of getting a place, then I suggest applying at a different
> organization in addition to QEMU.org.  That way you are not subject to
> the QEMU.org slot allocation.
>
> Stefan

Thanks a lot

Mitnick