On 25/03/19 12:46, Yang Zhong wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Rust-VMM has started to make all features and common modules to crates, and
> CSP can
> deploy their VMM on demand. This afternoon, Xiao guangrong and i talked about
> the light
> weight VM solitions,and we thought QEMU can do same thing like Rust-vmm,
> although we can
> make all modules or features in QEMU configurable, but making features and
> modules to libs
> are still valuable for QEMU. Any comments are welcome! thanks!

What features/modules were you thinking of?  Were you thinking of
turning them into dynamically loaded libraries, or spinning them out
into separate projects (such as libslirp)?

Also, what is the use case?  Is it to reduce the attack surface without
having multiple QEMU binaries?

Having dynamically linked libraries would go even beyond what rust-vmm
does; Rust binaries in the end statically link every crate that they
use, rust-vmm's purpose is mostly to share code across VMMs and avoid
forks.  It may also have a startup time penalty which has to be considered.

Thanks,

Paolo