On 04/14/2011 11:04 PM, Daisuke Nojiri wrote:
Hi, Avi,

Complex and complete firewalling is probably out of my focus for now. I'm trying to introduce a simple reverse firewall functionality which filters outgoing patckets based on only destination address and port. Since Qemu doesn't have any reverse firewall currently, I believe this is a good addition and start.

IMO this is the wrong direction. Integrating libpcap should be simple (a call to pcap_offline_filter()) and immediately satisfy all current and future firewalling needs.