Hi,

I'm trying to see if I can I do a derivative snapshot as a means of
versioning. I wish to do this vs dd or cp as it's much faster. I do not
intend to apply a snapshot back to an original volume.

So, let's say I have original_volume.img and I create a snapshot using the
­b option: "qemu-img create ­f qcow2 ­b original_volume.img snapshot1.img",
but now I wish to create a snapshot2 from snapshot1.img. Is there a way to
do this?

Also, is there a way to generate 100% snapshot of the original volume (an
exact replica), so that a 40G original results in a 40G snapshot?

Thanks,

Mike