On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 1:09 PM Howard Spoelstra <hsp.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The current screamer-enabled builds for OSX and Windows are on
> www.emaculation.com ;-)
> As you see from testing, there are reasons why the patches from Mark's
> screamer branch are not in master yet, and these have not all been
> addressed. There still needs to be testing on Linux and certainly on
> Windows builds, and from what I mentioned above that might not be plain
> sailing.
> I guess I'll wait with providing new builds when the patches for both
> openbios and qemu are reviewed and in some repo from which I can build
> easily.
>
> Best,
> Howard

Hi,

There is indeed an issue when building your code for Windows.
Whereas the current screamer from Mark just plays sound, a build with your
patches will not.
I need to Ctrl-Alt-G to exit grab, click on the command (cmd.exe) window in
which the Qemu textual output is showing and then grab the mouse again to
get sound. A simple grab exit/grab cycle is not enough, a click somewhere
outside the Qemu window will also not do. Only a click to activate the
command window and then grab again. Happens with both GTK and SDL GUIs.

Command line is:
qemu-system-ppc-master-screamer-john-v4.exe -L pc-bios -boot c -m 256 -M
mac99,via=pmu ^
-drive file=C:\mac-disks\9.2.img ^
-sdl -serial stdio ^
-bios openbios-qemu-screamer-john-v2.elf

Took me ages to find this regularity ;-)

Best,
Howard