On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 16:16 John Snow <js...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 9/25/20 2:03 AM, Helio Loureiro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would replace the word variable "kind" by "category".
> >

> Hi, welcome to the list!

Tkz!

> For patch reviews, we try to reply in-line, below the original post.

I realized that later.  It has been more than 20 years I don't use this
formating.  But if I intend to join the pack, I need to follow the pack.

(For more information on the QAPI Schema Language that we are parsing
> and validating here, see docs/devel/qapi-code-gen.txt if you are
> curious. Ultimately it is a JSON-like format that permits multiple
> objects per document and allows comments. We use these structures to
> generate types and command interfaces for our API protocol, QMP.)

Based on that I would suggest 'type_ref' instead to match the definitions
over there and since word 'type' itself is reserved.

./helio