On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 09:24:26PM -0400, Stefan Berger wrote:
> In patch 6 I am adding a skeleton backend driver that I am
> transforming into the libtpms-based backend in patch 7. I didn't
> name the file tpm_skeleton.c but already tpm_builtin.c and all
> functions already start with the prefix tpm_builtin. This presumably
> makes it easier to review since the 'meat' is added in part 7 and
> unnecessary function name changes are avoided.

It is a good idea to split your code to patches.
But you don't need your code to actually work
in an intermediate step - or even compile
if it is not added to the Makefile.

That will help reviewers by sending small patches
and not waste reviewer's time on reading code
removed in a later patch.

--
MST