On 09/03/21 09:41, Claudio Fontana wrote:
In any case, I agree that just recursing all directories in target/
looking for trace.h / traceevents files could be better.

Using the directory structure to find source files is a bad idea because you don't notice that you haven't "git add"ed a file until it's too late (typically the maintainer notices it for you...).

We do it for default-configs/targets, but that's an exception and I'd rather not extend it more.

In fact, Philippe, perhaps you can add the extra tracedirs for hw/ and target/ to the default-config/targets/*.mak file?

Thanks,

Paolo