On 3/16/21 2:28 PM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Watch this:
>
>     $ mkdir bld-tools
>     $ cd bld-tools
>     $ ../configure --disable-system --disable-user --enable-tools
>     $ make check
>     [...]
>     make: *** No rule to make target 'tests/qemu-iotests/socket_scm_helper',
> needed by 'check-block'.  Stop.

Hi Markus,

I can reproduce this error too.

When looking at the sequence of commands I was almost sure it was due to a
missing "make" before the "make check",
as my experience with the new build system (meson-based), is that I have to do:

make

first, and then

make check

later, or bugs start happening, build can end up doing the wrong things.
I thought this was a known limitation and I am currently just dealing with it.

But then I tried to apply this to your specific case, and I get the same error
nevertheless.

make: *** No rule to make target 'tests/qemu-iotests/socket_scm_helper', needed
by 'check-block'.  Stop.

Ciao,

CLaudio