On 10/17/2011 07:33 AM, David Gibson wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 05:29:07PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > Now that the memory API supports full 64-bit buses, adjust the relevant
> > callers to take advantage of it.
>
> Note that this doesn't, strictly speaking doesn't give you full 64-bit
> coverage, since the range covered is 2^64-1 bytes rather than 2^64
> bytes.  Cases where that will matter would be very rare, of course.

An undocumented and indeed unmentioned feature of patch 2 is that
UINT64_MAX sizes are expanded to UINT64_MAX+1.  I did that to avoid
introducing memory_region_init_128() (or perhaps
memory_region_init_2_64() that doesn't take a size argument).  That
removes the ability to create container regions that span exactly
UINT64_MAX bytes.  It is strange in a patchset that tries to makes
things more regular, I admit.