On 7/19/21 2:39 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
This cast is OK, but it took me a while to verify that:
  * we check that 'addr' is 8-aligned further up in this function
  * we check that guest_base is at least page-aligned in
    probe_guest_base(), and there's no way to avoid that function
    getting called if you specify a guest-base value on the command line

Yep.

Is it worth asserting that the value we get back from g2h() really
is 8-aligned before casting ?

No, I don't think so. I think the check on the guest address is sufficient, and Just Know that guest_base is not going to misalign anything.

r~