On 10/30/2011 05:51 PM, Saggi Mizrahi wrote:
Some distributions use lib64 directories for 64 bit libraries. Currently
configure would always generate libdir as $PREFIX/lib. By checking if
the current distro has a /lib64 directory we can assume it is using this
convention.

This doesn't work if people compile a 32-bit version of QEMU. The right directory could be obtained with "gcc --print-multi-os-directory $CFLAGS", but I'm not sure whether it is a good thing to do. We should try to avoid gratuitous differences from Autoconf.

The right thing to do would be to tweak the command-line supported by configure to the point that packagers can just use the same command-line that Autoconf uses (in RPM parlance that would be "%configure").

Paolo