On 06.11.2011, at 05:11, Pekka Enberg wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Avi Kivity <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Alex's script, though, is just a few dozen lines.  kvm-tool is a 20K
>> patch - in fact 2X as large as kvm when it was first merged.  And it's
>> main feature seems to be that "it is not qemu".
>
> I think I've mentioned many times that I find the QEMU source terribly
> difficult to read and hack on. So if you mean "not qemu" from that
> point of view, sure, I think it's a very important point. The command
> line interface is also "not qemu" for a very good reason too.

That's a matter of taste. In fact, I like the QEMU source code for most parts
and there was a whole talk around it on LinuxCon where people agreed that it
was really easy to hack away with to prototype new hardware:

  https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe/waskiewicz

As for all matters concerning taste, I don't think we would ever get to a
common ground here :).

Alex