On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 at 21:56, Liviu Ionescu <i...@livius.net> wrote:
> I'm building 6.2.0 on macOS, and on a recent macOS 11.6 with
> Apple Silicon the build passes, but on a slightly older macOS
> 10.13, which is my base platform for Intel macOS builds,
> compiling ui/cocoa.m fails

QEMU's supported-hosts policy
https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/about/build-platforms.html
is that we support the most recent version of macOS, and also
the previous version until 2 years after the new version
is released. Currently that means Monterey and Big Sur and
(since Monterey is only just out) Catalina.

Apple's APIs have quite a lot of churn, and there are
regular deprecations and new APIs, so while macOS versions
older than our officially supported set sometimes will be
able to build QEMU, they often won't. (Also from time to
time we remove back-compatibility ifdefs that are only needed
for building on older no-longer-supported macOS.) In this
specific case, NSPasteboardTypeOwner seems to be part of
an API introduced in 10.14 (Mojave).

So the upstream answer, I'm afraid, is that you should
upgrade to a newer macOS version.

-- PMM