February 16, 2022 6:31 AM, "Thomas Huth" <th...@redhat.com> wrote:

> while researching the different "sed" options on our supported build platform
> today, I started
> "make vm-build-haiku.x86_64" in my QEMU build directory for the first time
> since many months again.
> And I had to discover that this is completely out of date. The image does not
> contain any version
> of Python 3 yet which we require for compilation since more than a year now
> already, and the Haiku
> version in there seems to be too old to do a "pkgman install -y python3" ...
> so this has been
> completely been bitrotting since more than a year now. Is anybody still
> interested in keeping the
> Haiku support in QEMU? If so, please help to get the VM image updated. Thanks!

I submitted
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/qemu-devel/patch/20220216154208.2985103-1-kallis...@unixzen.com/
to fix this issue.  The build runs as expected after that patchset.

Likely cause is us no longer packing a "python" binary, deferring to "python2"
vs "python3"

I'm still the most likely maintainer.  Are there still plans to automate the
tests for Haiku to
prevent this from happening again in the future?

Manually running qemu vm tests is a drop in huge bucket of tasks, so it's
pretty likely to get
forgotten until someone runs into an issue. :-)

 -- Alex