On 3/8/22 00:12, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 at 07:20, Richard Henderson
<richard.hender...@linaro.org> wrote:

Sink the set of env->exception to the end of nios2_cpu_do_interrupt.

This splits the two things the patch is doing between the subject line
and the commit message body; the subject is supposed to be a summary
and the body should be able to stand alone without the subject.

Yea, I should merge this sink to patch 28, which does other cleanup to this
function.

+    env->exception = FIELD_DP32(env->exception, CR_EXCEPTION, CAUSE,
+                                cs->exception_index);
  }

This is a behaviour change in the semihosting case, which
previously did not change env->exception and now does.
Since that's guest visible I think it's not correct.
You could fix that by making the semihosting handling end
with 'return' rather than 'break'.

Yea, poor patch ordering, as you discovered.

r~