Dear QEMU developers.

I’m having some issues with one of my QEMU VMs. I’m not sure if the mailing
list is the best place to get help, and if it’s a complete miss, feel free to
direct me towards more appropriate venues.

My case in short: I have a Windows 11 VM with BitLocker encryption which is
imported from a physical volume. I run it through virt-manager, booting with
UEFI through OVMF, tpm pass-through and it boots just fine.

What is annoying is that I have to manually enter the 48-digit BitLocker
recovery key on every boot.

I would assume these keys should get stored in EFI vars or TPM somewhere? If
so, shouldn’t they be persisted when the VM is rebooted or powered off?

Any advice on how I can resolve this situation would be greatly appreciated.

--
Kind regards
Jostein Kjønigsen

jost...@kjonigsen.net 🍵 jost...@gmail.com