On 09/03/2022 19.44, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 at 09:47, Thomas Huth <th...@redhat.com> wrote:
Since the fix is not available in any meson release yet and we're in QEMU
softfreeze now, I'm now also not quite sure anymore whether we really should
go forward with the TAP approach right now... maybe it's indeed better to
revert the patches for QEMU 7.0 and sort it out later?

I'm a bit lost about where this discussion thread ended up,
so to be clear: are you OK with me applying this pullreq
from Paolo, or do you want more time to talk through the
issue? (I have another half dozen pullreqs still to merge
so it's not like I'm waiting on just this one.)

This version of the pull request has a merge conflict and won't apply anyway, but Paolo already sent a v2 of the PR which does not have the TAP revert patch in it, so you can certainly go ahead and merge that v2. We should have a decision by next Tuesday hopefully whether we revert the TAP code or go ahead with it...

 Thomas