On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 07:36:28 -0400
Gregory Price <gourry.memve...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reading through your notes, everything seems reasonable, though I'm not
> sure I agree with the two pass notion, though I'll wait to see the patch
> set.
>
> The enum is a good idea, *forehead slap*, I should have done it.  If we
> have a local enum, why not just make it global (within the file) and
> allocate the table as I have once we know how many MRs are present?

It's not global as we need the entries to be packed.  So if just one mr
(which ever one) the entries for that need to be at the beginning of
cdat_table.  I also don't want to bake into the outer caller that the
entries will always be the same size for different MRs.

For the two pass case...

I'll send code in a few mins, but in meantime my thought is that
the extended code for volatile + non volatile will looks something like:
(variable names made up)

        if (ct3d->volatile_mem) {
                volatile_mr =
host_memory_backend_get_memory(ct3d->volatile_mem....);
                if (!volatile_mr) {
                        return -ENINVAL;
                }
                rc = ct3_build_cdat_entries_for_mr(NULL, dsmad++, volatile_mr);
                if (rc < 0) {
                        return rc;
                }
                volatile_len = rc;
        }

        if (ct3d->nonvolatile_mem) {
                nonvolatile_mr =
host_memory_backend_get_memory(ct3d->nonvolatile_mem);
                if (!nonvolatile_mr) {
                        return -ENINVAL;
                }
                rc = ct3_build_cdat_entries_for_mr(NULL, dmsmad++,
nonvolatile_mr....);
                if (rc < 0) {
                        return rc;
                }
                nonvolatile_len = rc;
        }

        dsmad = 0;

        table = g_malloc(0, (volatile_len + nonvolatile_len) * sizeof(*table));
        if (!table) {
                return -ENOMEM;
        }

        if (volatile_len) {
                rc = ct3_build_cdat_entries_for_mr(&table[0], dmsad++,
volatile_mr....);
                if (rc < 0) {
                        return rc;
                }
        }
        if (nonvolatile_len) {
                rc = ct3_build_cdat_entries_for_mr(&table[volatile_len],
dsmad++, nonvolatile_mr...);
                if (rc < 0) {
                        /* Only place we need error handling.  Could make it
more generic of course */
                        for (i = 0; i < volatile_len; i++) {
                                g_free(cdat_table[i]);
                        }