Am 06.01.23 um 09:19 schrieb Thomas Huth:

On 06/01/2023 09.15, Stefan Weil wrote:

Download numbers from yesterday for my latest Windows installers:

qemu-w32-setup-20221230.exe - 243

qemu-w64-setup-20221230.exe - 6540

On Wednesday the ratio was 288 : 3516.

As expected the 64-bit variant is used much more often, but it looks like there is still a certain desire for the 32-bit variant.

OK, thanks. Could you maybe also check the browser types in the logs? ... I'm wondering whether a big part of those w32 downloads were just automatic web crawlers?

 Thomas

I now checked all downloads of the latests installers since 2022-12-30.

qemu-w32-setup-20221230.exe – 509 different IP addresses
qemu-w64-setup-20221230.exe - 5471 different IP addresses

339 unique IP addresses are common for 32- and 64-bit, either crawlers or people who simply got both variants. So there remain 170 IP addresses which only downloaded the 32-bit variant in the last week.

I see 437 different strings for the browser type, but surprisingly none of them looks like a crawler.

Stefan