Am 12.01.23 um 16:16 schrieb Neal Elliott:
Hello,
             is it possible, or has anyone built qemu from the master branch using visual studio? I attempted to build the code using mingw64, but it failed to build. is there a current build document for windows?

Building with Visual Studio is not supported.

Building on Windows with Mingw64 might fail (see https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/1386), and the current documentation requires an update.

I suggest to run a cross build on Linux which works and is also much faster than building on Windows. Here is an example of such a build running as a GitHub action:
https://github.com/stweil/qemu/actions/runs/3903880614/jobs/6668872989

The related files are win.yml, build.sh and pacman.sh
from https://github.com/stweil/qemu/tree/master/.github/workflows.
The two shell scripts should also work on a typical Debian / Ubuntu or similar Linux host.

Regards
Stefan Weil