On 4/26/23 10:05, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

Thanks, this looks pretty good.  Some changes I'd make for the non-RFC version:

- I think we should just check in the meson wheel (which also removes the need for patch 12, so it can be done in its stead) and remove the submodule

- The verbosity of mkvenv.py can be tuned down and most prints replaced with logger.info() or logger.debug()

- While I agree with keeping patch 18 separate, I would move it earlier so that patch 19 can be squashed into patch 14

- I am ambivalent about keeping --enable/--disable-pypi in the first committed patchset, but in any case I would move patches 16 and 20 before patch 15

Just one extra thing, since we're changing so much of Python handling and since the code is written, I would keep the Debian 10 workarounds for now, and only drop them after we drop support for 3.6.

Paolo